Monday 28 November 2011

A Girlfriends' Christmas Luncheon...

``The object of a dinner is not to eat and drink, but to join in the merrymaking.``
-Lin Yutang

Merrymaking happened here yesterday.
Yesterday I finally did something that has been on my Christmas list for a few years, but never seemed to work out for one reason or another....
I hosted a Girlfriends' Christmas Luncheon.
I invited 6 girlfriends for a festive lunch at my home and we had so much fun!
I enjoyed every aspect of the luncheon....from setting the table, to planning the menu, to the uproarious laughing that we shared together!
I was determined to decorate using things I already had.
I used mismatched Christmas 12x12 scrapbook paper for placemats.
 The Christmas Oreo Pops I made last week made a terrific table favour.
I tied ribbon and mini candy canes to martini glasses for a touch of pretty.
And I unearthed this centerpiece from my basement and and revived it with some red berries to match the rest of the red that was gracing the table.
Can you believe that I almost sent this piece to Goodwill last month when I was doing some ruthless purging in the basement?
Almost.
  We kicked off our luncheon with candy cane martinis.
This was our yummy menu:
{Everyone brought something...which was so nice and gave me more time for visiting!}

Appetizers
Candy Cane Martinis
Shrimp & Cocktail Sauce
Cheese Ball & Crackers

Main Course
Spinach Salad
Homemade Vegetable & Beef Soup
Homemeade Bread

Dessert
Fruit Plate
Nanaimo Bars

It was so awesome to be able to get together with girlfriends right before the rush of the season begins.
This group of girlfriends is so special to me...they were the first group of friends I made when I moved here from Nova Scotia.
We all had sons in a Kindergarten class together....so we used to see each other every morning and chit chat as we were dropping off our boys.
We all gradually became great friends, and though we don't see each other as often as we used to,
the connection is still there.



This post is linked to these terrific parties:

The 36th Avenue




Design Dazzle








The Lettered Cottage






UndertheTableandDreaming


Link Party











Thirty Hand Made Days











 






Tablescape Party @ Centsational Girl

Tip Junkie handmade projects



Home Stories A2Z

Todays Creative Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from