Sunday 11 December 2011

10 Homemade Gift Ideas For Friends & Neighbours...

Hi there!
With just a few short weeks 'til Christmas, I thought I would do a roundup of all the projects I have made in my very own kitchen to share with you.
I seldom buy gifts for friends and neighbours as I usually make something from the kitchen to share.
I love homemade and I am always so touched when I receive a homemade gift.
I have forever been inspired by my Mother, Sandra...and her family.
My mother, to me, outdoes Martha Stewart any day of the week!
{And she does not have a boatload of assistants, or professionals to do it for her!}
For  years my mother has made homemade gifts for her 5 brothers & sisters and friends for Christmas.
She always gave homemade baking, or she would tramp around in the woods, cutting boughs of greenery to bring home to make fresh Christmas centerpieces for everyone!
My Uncle Derrick has traditionally given us his delicious homemade carrot cake every year.
And my dear Aunt Janet was famous for her Nanaimo Bars.
And my Aunt Nannette always has some delicious recipe on the go! Her peanut brittle recipe is easy & so yummy!
And I know we are not the only family who show our love with gifts from the kitchen....there are thousands of home cooks out there who do the same!
I hope you enjoy these projects and find something that you feel inspired to try!
***
1-Homemade easy sugar cookies packaged in a chinese takeout container and prettied up with ribbon and a tag.
{We are giving these to a few neighbours this year.}
2-Peppermint Foot Soak mixed up in a few minutes and packaged in jars with a lil'  ribbon & a candy cane.
{I made these for a few girlfriends and skating coaches this year.} 
3-Homemade Strawberry Butter. Add homemade biscuits or a can of pre-made biscuits from the grocery store and you are ready to go!
{I made these for a few girlfriends this year.}
4- Homemade cookies or fudge packaged in a dazzled up pringles can.
{Giving these to a few teachers this year.}
5- Christmas Cookie Oreo Pops. So good and fun to look at!
{I made over 50 of these this year. Great to use as table decoration!}
6- A Cookie Mix in a 1 litre mason jar.
{We are giving these to a few hockey families this year who have helped us out by giving our boy a ride sometimes.}
8- Homemade no bake cherry balls in a sweet little box.
{We gave these out to friends last year.}
9- Pretzel hugs packaged up in baggies with a topper made on your home computer.
This is a great project for kids to make on their own.
{We gave these as a gift to teachers one year.}
10-Chocolate Christmas Dream cookies packaged in bags with some cardstock behind the cookie to keep it from breaking and toppers made on our home computer.
{My daughter gave these to her skating teammates one year.}
So there you have it....a few ideas that you can whip up in your kitchen which are economical and pretty to look at!

Wishing you happy project-making in your kitchen!




This post is linked to these terrific parties:










Link Party


Weekend Bloggy Reading


I'm Lovin' It at TidyMom









Tip Junkie handmade projects


Home Stories A2Z









The Southern Product QueenUndertheTableandDreaming
The Girl Creative





{EYE HEART}






No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from