Tuesday 17 January 2012

Valentine-Sweetspiration Week: Pretty Packaging

If you have read my blog for any amount of time....you know how I love pretty packaging.
And I want to share with some you great ideas for packaging for those little cupcakes we made yesterday.
But first, I want to tell you about my day.
In my little corner of the world, it was -28 celsius when we woke up this morning at 6:50 am.
Check out the thick frost on the inside of the window in our breakfast area.
And on the door.
Brrrr.
I spent my day inside of course. We drove the kids to school this morning and dropped them off at the door.
Then I came home to change one person's bedsheets to flannel.
I made a BIG pot of soup...Italian Wedding Soup.
Made a huge fruit platter...so when my baby birds returned to the nest, there would be warmth and food.
I kept the fireplace burning.
At 2:48 pm, I drove to my daughter's bus stop to pick her up.
The windchill made the temperature feel like -48.
She said a grateful 'thankful' as the icy wind sliced thru the car when she opened the door. 
So let's get back to the little cupcakes we made yesterday...
I wanted to share with you an idea for using a recycled cracker box to package baked goods.
 Cut the box open like shown.
 Cut off one large side of the box that will allow the box to become an open basket.
 Now fold the box back up with the printing on the inside.
 And staple the sides to secure &  hold the shape.
 Now add some pretty tissue paper and place the goodies inside.
And wrap using some cellophane wrap.{saran wrap would also work.}
Finish off with a ribbon and a little decoration.
Now you have a pretty package ready for giving.
{I found the cupcake ribbon at Walmart after Christmas for 54 cents a roll.
It was part of the Christmas inventory. Such a lucky find!}
 I also found these darling little chinese take-out containers at the Dollarama.
There were 8 in a package for a dollar.
 They are the perfect size for the little cupcakes we made yesterday.
Just add a little square of tissue paper...and place the goodie inside.
 Perfect for taking to school for little friends, or sharing with neighbours.
They would also make a great table favour or take home treat for a gathering.
Tomorrow I will be sharing some decorating for Valentine's Day.
Stay warm...xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from