Monday 27 February 2012

A Kitchen Recipe Board...

I have wanted to create this project in my baking area for a long time.
This is an idea I have seen on other blogs and I just love the practicality of it...using the inside of a cupboard door to create a bulletin board.

This project requires:
12in x 12in cork tiles
{I used 2 tiles for this project.I got mine at Zellers, but have since found tiles at Dollarama}
white school glue
masking tape
scrapbook papers & embellishments
recipe cards
push pins
~all of these supplies can be found at a dollar store~

The first step is to decide where it would be practical to place the tiles in your kitchen.
I chose my baking area.
Then attach your tiles with white school glue....it's cheap and it works!
Do not use the double-sided tape that come with the tiles...I tested it already and it won't hold.
You will wake up in the morning and open the cupboard door and the tiles will fall out!
And jeepers that is frustrating...so avoid it and go straight to the glue.
I chose white school glue because it holds, but it can also be easily peeled off if you later decide to remove the tiles.
I placed glue along the outside perimeter of the tiles and then I pressed to the surface of the cabinet.
I then anchored the tiles with masking tape on the four corners and let it dry overnight.

The next day I had a nice cork bulletin board on the inside of my cabinet door.
Then I treated my bulletin board like a giant scrapbook page...and decorated it.

The whole purpose of this project was to create a place for our most used recipes....the ones that we make all the time!
But of course....I had to make it pretty.
I used my scrapbooking supplies and creativity to add a fun touch to this display of our family favourites.

I included on this board our most often made sweets....chocolate chip cookies, brownies & peach cobbler....as well as our very fav pancakes & waffle recipes.
And because I used push pins, they can easily be switched out or added to at any time.

I wrote out the recipes on standard recipe cards because I love that homey look.
And 2 of these recipes are my mother's recipes.
Although I have the recipes....I sure can't make them like she does!

The kids can easily find these recipes to make cookies or pancakes if they like too.


I just love opening the cupboard door and finding our most cherished recipes in such a convenient place.
I wish I had done this a long time ago.




This post is linked to these terrific parties:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from