Monday 11 June 2012

Make Yummy Kool Aid Slurpees...

I'm a kid from the 1970's.
Back then...Kool Aid was cool. It really was.
There was no gatorade, powerade or  red bulls.
It was simply a package of Kool Aid for kids for a special treat.
And if you went to a birthday party, it was usually Kool Aid or Pop Shoppe Pop that was served.
I remember drinking Kool Aid even when I was in University...and having a discussion about favourite flavours with my roomies.
I miss those days!
We had packages of Kool Aid kicking around the house, and while I was surfing the net for something else, I came across a recipe for Kool Aid Slurpees.
My kids love slurpees and so does my husband...but they usually buy them from the local corner store.
I decided to whip up some slurpees to enjoy at home...and bring back an old fav...Kool Aid.
 For this drink, you will need:
1 Kool Aid package, any flavour
1/2 cup sugar
A bottle of club soda {or ginger ale would work too!}
Ice
Fruit for garnish, if you like
Straws
Blender
Directions:
In blender, combine Kool Aid package with 1/2 cup sugar and a cup of club soda.
 Blend together until mixed and foamy.
 Add lots of ice and blend.
{I used the ice crush button on my blender and it worked great!}
 Pour the icy mixture into glasses and add a little more club soda to finish off. 
Garnish with fresh fruit and add a straw.
{This recipe made 4 full size mason jars [2 cup size]}
I made adorable little straw flags by using the template and instructions at this beautiful blog found here.
You know me....I am all about the cute & pretty!
{If you are looking for striped straws and other sweet party accessories, please visit this Canadian company which carries a terrific assortment: Green Munch}
 I think this drink would be great for not only a hot summer day, but for a special dinner at home or a kids' birthday party.
You could also add a little nippy nip of something else for an adult drink.{wink}
And there we have it folks.....a Kool Aid slurpee for just pennies a glass!


This post is linked to these terrific parties:

Six Sisters Stuff, Fun In the Sun,





Funky Junk's Sat Nite SpecialTip Junkie handmade projects 





Chef In TrainingUndertheTableandDreaming

It's OVerflowing


TidyMomCast Party Wednesday

The 36th AVENUE





Beauty and Bedlam


Home Stories A2Zhandmade projectsSkip To My Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from