Tuesday 12 June 2012

Yummy Cake Pops: 175 Best Babycakes Recipes Book Review

With all the cake pop craze that has been going on  for the last 3 years, I have been very tempted to make some many times....they look just so gosh darn cute!

But when I read the recipe for 'cake pops' and it said to make a cake and then smash the cake up and mix it with cream cheese or frosting....it sounded very backwards to me...make a cake and say what?
All this work and smash it up.....seriously?
But then this little baby came on the market... the Babycakes Cake Pop Maker!
I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw it in the store and put it in my cart!
{I purchased mine at London Drugs for $29.99}
And then Robert Rose contacted me to do a review of their new book, "175 Best Babycakes Cake Pops Recipes"  by Kathy Moore & Roxanne Wyss.
Sign me up!
 This book is fantastic....it's full of great recipes to make cake pops that do not require mixing the cake with cream cheese or frosting...it's just  a real little cake pop.
There are so many recipes and fun ideas it was not easy choosing one recipe let me tell ya!
There are recipes for:
Chocolate Cake Pops
Strawberry Cake Pops
Orange Cream Cake Pops
Brownie Cake Pops
Peanut Butter Cake Pops
as well as Gluten Free Pops
...just to name a few.
So I made 2 recipes....
 Cherry Cake Pops...
 and Lemon Cake Pops!
 And they were so easy to make...I mixed the cake pop batter as per the recipe and spooned tablespoons of batter into the cake pop maker to cook  for 5-6 minutes...and  then popped the little cakes out...done!
So easy!
Recipes vary...and can make anywhere from 21 to 55 cake pops.
 And the  book also has several fantastic pictures and instructions sharing many ways to coat and decorate the cake pops...from a simple plain coating with candy melts...as I have done...to more sophisticated designs including swirls and designs for cute little animal faces on sticks.
The book furnishes you with so many creative ideas!
 I coated my cake pops with coloured candy melts.
 And a light dusting of sanding sugar was the finishing touch....I think they look so pretty!
 Cake pops are such a special touch for any celebration...birthdays, baby showers, bridal showers, Christmas...the list could go on!
 My kids loved these cake pops!
I sent them to school with a pile to share with their friends!
This book gave me a full afternoon of fun making cake pops.
 But there are a lot more than recipes for cake pops, doughnuts, and glazes in this book.
The authors have give us recipes for things like meatballs and crab cake bites to try in the cake pop maker.
I cannot wait to try these next!



This post is linked to these great parties:

Six Sisters Stuff





Chef In TrainingUndertheTableandDreaming


It's OVerflowing


TidyMomCast Party Wednesday


The 36th AVENUE



Beauty and Bedlam

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from