Thursday 12 July 2012

Make Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches...

On Monday, I experimented and combined two things I love...ice cream sandwiches and salted caramel flavour.
With the recent heat wave in our city, the boy and I went out and bought 4 different kinds of Chapmans ice cream.
Oh. Yes. We. Did.
It just only seems right that if we must suffer out this heat, then some ice cream therapy is required.
We bought vanilla & chocolate ice cream. Peanut butter crunch frozen yogurt.
 And ice cream sandwiches.
Except....I got a hankering for something in salted caramel....so I played with my food.
It was a super easy creation.
I cut an ice cream sandwich in two. Added some sticks. Drizzled the sandwiches with caramel sauce, skor toffee bits and sprinkled with some smoked salt.
Placed in the freezer for an hour...and then OH MY!
How yummy!
Making these would be fun for a party or for a kids' event.
And they are much cheaper to make using regular ice cream sandwiches than buying the ice cream novelty treats....which cost bunches more.

{For the sticks, I used super adorable pink striped cocktail straws from Greenmunch. You can find them here.}



This post is linked to these great parties:

http://www.stonegableblog.com/2012/07/tutorials-tips-and-tidbits-5.html

Skip To My Lou

Lil\'Luna
 

Chef In TrainingHome Stories A2Z


Tip Junkie handmade projects UndertheTableandDreaming 


I Heart Nap TimePositively SplendidIt's Overflowing
Funky Junk's Sat Nite SpecialSixSistersStuff.com The 36th AVENUE


WhipperberryI'm Lovin' It at TidyMomSomewhat Simple

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from