Friday 20 July 2012

Scrumptious Salmon Cakes...

This recipe is totally inspired by my friend Tracey, who made these for me for lunch recently and I loved them so much that I wanted to share....scrumptious salmon cakes.
I felt like a queen when she served this amazing lunch. My Maritimer roots are totally showing on this one...I love fish cakes!
Salmon cakes are easy to make and quick to cook and make a wonderful lunch or dinner, along with a salad and sour cream, tzatziki or chutney for dipping.
 This recipe starts with ground salmon, which I found at my local grocery store {Superstore}. If you are not able to find ground salmon, finely diced salmon would work just the same.

For this recipe, you will need:
ground salmon, approx. 2-3 cups
2 cups panko bread crumbs {or regular bread crumbs}
1 egg, beaten with a fork
2-3 green onions, diced
 3 sprigs fresh dill, chopped
1 tablespoon Old Bay spice, or to taste
salt & pepper to taste
{You could also add a bit of dry mustard or horseradish if you like too!}
 Place ground salmon in a bowl. To ground salmon, add beaten egg, 3/4 cup breadcrumbs, diced green onion, chopped dill, salt & pepper, Old Bay spice. Stir to combine. Shape into 4-6 patties, depending on size & thickness.
 Coat with remaining breadcrumbs.
 Fry in frying pan on medium high heat with bottom of pan generously coated in oil. Cook until bottom edges of patties look golden, then flip to cook other side. When second side looks crispy and golden, remove from pan and serve.
 I served these salmon cakes with a greek salad and tzatziki and some fresh dill. My kids loved it, although my son ate his cakes with his beloved mustard.

These cakes could also be made ahead of time and re-heated. They would also be fun to serve in a bun with tzatziki or chutney and sliced red onion and tomato.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!




This post is linked to these great parties:





UndertheTableandDreaming 


WhipperberryI'm Lovin' It at TidyMom52 Mantels


The 36th AVENUE



Lil\'Luna

Tip Junkie handmade projects Home Stories A2ZChef In Training

Skip To My LouUndertheTableandDreaming

I Heart Nap Time


Positively SplendidIt's Overflowing

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from