Tuesday 14 August 2012

Delectable Shrimp Cakes...

I am always looking for more ways to get fish into our meal rotations, and these delectable shrimp cakes are  a winner with everyone. If you remember, a few weeks ago I shared a recipe for salmon cakes, and they are yummy too, but my husband doesn't eat salmon, so those cakes only work for meals when he is not at home. This recipe comes from my Mom....and is sooo good and works as a great lunch or dinner. You could add a bun and serve them 'burger' style or just with a crisp salad as I have shown here.
Shrimp Cakes
{makes 6 regular patties or 12 mini patties}

2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup minced red pepper
1/2 cup minced celery
1/2 cup minced green onion
1 lb. peeled clean shrimp, finely chopped {I used a handy chopper or a slap chop}
2 eggs slightly beaten
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Old Bay or cajun seasoning
1 1/2 cups crushed saltine crackers or panko breadcrumbs or regular breakcrumbs
Oil for frying cakes in pan

Directions:
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a frying pan. Saute red pepper, celery, and green onion. Cook until tender. Let cool. In bowl, combine egges, mayo, dijon mustard and shrimp. Add cooled veggies and stir in crumbs
Shape into patties.  Let rest in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Heat oil in frying pan. Add patties to hot oil. Fry until bottom side is golden brown...about 4-5 minutes. Flip over and cook other side until golden brown. Serve wiith a crisp salad.
This is a great recipe to make early in the day and then set in the fridge until meal time. We like to eat our shrimp cakes with a side of chutney, or tzatziki, or cocktail sauce. Here I have shown my shrimp cakes with a side of apple chutney. Yummy!
This would also be wonderful to serve for a luncheon, along with a fruit dessert.
The recipes also double easily and if you have hungry boys in your family, I would recommend doubling it for sure.
I have heard complaints from my boys that I didn't 'make enough!'

Wishing you a wonderful day and thank you so much for visiting!

 

This post has been linked to these parties:

Positively Splendid


It's OverflowingWhipperberryThe 36th AVENUE

Today's Creative BlogChef In Training


Skip To My LouUndertheTableandDreaming I'm Lovin' It at TidyMom
Lil\'Luna

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from