Wednesday 15 August 2012

Lunchbox Treats: Sweet Peaches & Cream Muffins...

You know a recipe is good when you have to hide the results before you go to bed in order to have a few to photograph for the blog the next day.
Yup.
Such was the case with this recipe.
It all started when I found these dreamy & juicy peaches from British Columbia at the farmer's market.
I found myself craving a peachy muffin.
As I was sifting through an old community cookbook, I found this recipe with fresh peaches and diced cream cheese....it caught my fancy.
I whipped up a batch and it rocked my peachy dreams.
The muffins were moist & tasty with fresh peaches and  bursts of cream cheese...yummy!
And you know it's a good muffin when the 3 kids in the house devour them right away without even asking, "Mom, what's in these?" {hence the need for hiding a sample for the blog.}
 Sweet Peaches & Cream Muffins


Ingredients:
3/ 4 cup rolled oats
1-1/2 cups flour
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup milk
1 egg
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups diced fresh peaches {or canned}
1/2 brick of cream cheese, diced
Sugar for sprinkling on tops of muffins {I used turbinado sugar}


Directions:
Add to a large bowl: rolled oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt & cinnamon. Stir. Cut in butter until crumbly. In small bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Pour over dry ingredients. Add peaches and cream cheese. Stir gently until combined. Scoop into greased muffin tins {or use muffin liners}.
Sprinkle tops of muffins with sugar. Bake in 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until tops are firm to touch. Cool in pan for a few minutes and then turn out.
Then serve. Or hide.
And just in case you had any doubts about how yummy they might be....have a looksy inside for yourself to see the peaches and cream cheese looking all sweet & delicious.
Enjoy my friends!




This post is linked to these parties:



Somewhat Simple52 MantelsThe DIY Dreamer

Positively SplendidIt's OverflowingWhipperberryThe 36th AVENUE

Lil\'Luna

Today's Creative BlogChef In Training


Skip To My LouUndertheTableandDreaming 


I'm Lovin' It at TidyMom

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from