Wednesday 24 October 2012

A New Beverage Center....

It's hot chocolate weather here.
And that led me to do some organizing around these parts because my kitchen counter space was getting eaten up by machines....machines that spit out hot choc and lattes.
And I wish we could narrow it down to just one....but we really like both...for different reasons.
So I started considering other options.
I have a very small kitchen and  I began thinking that a buying some kind of storage piece with ample counter space along a wall would do the job nicely.
Although I looked at several options at IKEA...they were either too long or too short for the space I needed.
On a recent trip to Homesense, I found this white cabinet and I loved the size and shape, but it was too short. Then I realized if I bought two and placed them side by side, they would provide the space and storage I needed for two machines.
{Ideally, the best solution would be a built in of some kind,but that is not in the budget.}
I love the glass doors on the front because they keep the dust away.
And the inside of the cabinets furnish great space for my  fav cookbooks{currently stored inside the pantry} and some of my white dishes.

 There is lots of space for all the hot drink fixings on the top...syrups, honey, sprinkles, spoons, etc.
 I may try to add a piece of trim to fill in the gap between the 2 cabinets to make them look like one unit. Otherwise, these cabinets are the perfect solution for creating a beverage center, while keeping everyone out of the main work area of the kitchen.
This makes for a win-win in my books.
I like to have the appliances we use everyday to be easily accessible and pretty.
And this sure is cheaper than a new kitchen...or a new house!
 
How about you? Has winter brought about any changes in your house?




This post has been linked to these parties: Weekend Wrap Up At Tatertots & Jello, Tuesday Talent Show at Chef-in-Training, Home Stories A To Z, The DIY Dreamer, Clean & Scentsible, Uncommon, Homemade Ginger, Lil Luna, Savy Southern Style, Gingersnap Crafts, Positively Splendid,   I Heart Naptime Something I Whipped Up, Today's Creative Blog, Stone Gable,
Tidy Mom, Craftberry Bush, Six Sisters' Stuff,

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from