Friday 21 December 2012

Eggnog Cranberry Bread...

Cranberries and eggnog are two of my favourite Christmas flavours, and these two make a perfect duet in this quick bread recipe.  I love quick breads, but I don't make them as often as I would like. I thought I would mix up a few for Christmas since they make such a nice treat with a cuppa!
Eggnog Cranberry Bread


Ingredients:
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup eggnog {I used our fav store bought eggnog}
1/2 cup butter melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4  cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup cranberries {I use frozen. I like them because they don't mush up when you stir them in.}


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray bottom of 9 x 5 inch  loaf pan with cooking spray.

2. Beat eggs in large bowl. Add sugar, eggnog, melted butter, and vanilla. Blend well.

3. Add flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Stir until ingredients are just mixed. Do not over mix.
Gently stir in cranberries.

4. Pour batter into greased loaf pan.

5. Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.

6. Cool loaf for about 20 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely. Wrap with foil and place in fridge. {Tip: Quick breads always taste better and cut more easily the next day!}


This loaf tastes and smells delicious. If  you purchase foil pans in mini-loaf sizes, this  will make 3-4 loaves, which is excellent for gift-giving!

Enjoy!




This post is linked to these parties:
It's Overflowing, Gingersnap Crafts,

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from