Friday 28 December 2012

New Year's Eve Dinner Party...

 
Hello friends! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and things are somewhat returning to normal at your house! I had a nice week long break from blogging and I filled my time with hanging out with my family, friends, taking naps and reading.  But boy...does my house now need a good top-to-bottom cleaning. I think tomorrow will be a day of cleaning & organizing before friends arrive for dinner and merriment at 5 pm.
We always like to spend New Year's Eve with our children, so we often plan a night of family fun. This year, we have invited another family over to share the celebration and  we are ordering Chinese food. We usually ring in the New Year around 7 o 8 pm so that the kids can join in the fun without staying up way past their bedtime. Our teenage daughter is planning to go out with her friends, but she will be eating  New Year's Eve dinner with us and hanging out for a bit before she heads out with her friends.
 I am hoping to inspire you with our simple New Year's Eve table which I quickly and easily put together with things from I  already had. I decided on a traditional colour scheme of white, gold, silver and black. I took a white ceramic tray and created this arrangement of candles and ornaments. I tied black ribbon around the candles for a festive touch and  to tie the colour scheme together. I'm sure if you checked around the house, you could probably gather up gold & silver items to create a pretty tablescape as well!
 I got out black & white straws for the martini glasses and added a gold paper doily underneath for a pop of colour. I also tied white napkins together with noise makers using white & black ribbon and added 2 gold-wrapped Ferrero Rochers chocolates to each plate for a treat. {I had the chocolates already in the house for  Christmas.}
Simple & festive, but it works. I love that I didn't spend any money since the noisemakers were left over from a previous year.
Sometimes it's the small touches that can take a celebration to a new level.
I love making guests and my family feel special!
 
What are your plans for New Year's Eve?
Staying in or going out?




This post is linked to these great parties: Tip Junkie,
Tatertots and Jello, Craftberry Bush, Six Sisters, It's Overflowing, Aalderberry Hill, Under The Table & Dreaming, Craft-O-Maniac, Skip To My Lou, Someday Crafts, Gingersnap Crafts, Savy Southern Style, 36th Avenue, Six Sister's Stuff, Funky Junk Interiors, Between Naps On the Porch,

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from