Wednesday 23 January 2013

A Valentine's Mantel

A Valentine's Mantel went from a vision to a reality this week.
This year I wanted a Valentine's Mantel that was very simple and sweet....mostly white & pink and I wanted to include some of my favourite flowers...pink tulips.
 I used a white teapot and a teapot shaped vase, so I think you could say this is a tea party inspired mantel.
That tattered looking pink heart hanging on the right? It was a gift from my Grandmother...given to me in the late 1970's. It's a handmade creation with needle work and ribbon.
I don't think my grandmother made it?
{I believe she bought it a craft sale or won it at a card party? Remember those? That's what people used to do for cold winter evenings...get together in the evening for a  good game of cards.}
 If you have been reading my blog for awhile, you know how I love pink tulips. My local grocery store sells them for $3.99 a bundle and I cannot resist when the weather is cruel.
The print in this scroll frame is a free printable from the blog eighteen25. I love those girls.
{You can find the print here.}
 Really, is there anything more lovely than fresh flowers?
And even if your life is too busy and the thoughts of decorating for Valentine's Day seems ridiculous or overwhelming, buy yourself some fresh flowers the next time you are in the grocery store and put them in a vase or teapot when you get home....you will feel instantly happier. 
Promise!

If you would like to see a simple centrepiece for Valentine's Day, go here.
To see 10 Inspiring Valentine's Ideas, go here.
If you would like to make some quick Valentine's treats, go here and here.

And be sure to have a peek at these boards on Pinterest:
Valentine's Inspiration
Flowers To Love
Easter Ideas
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from