Tuesday 22 January 2013

January Blues Party...

Looking to chase away the January Blues?
A January Blues Party is a perfect little event to host to lift spirits in  a month of long, cold gray days.
I don't know about you, but January seems so long and many days are too cold to want to venture out anywhere.
Getting together with some girlfriends to chat & laugh is the best way I know to put some happiness into an otherwise bleak month.
I love my girlfriends!
 I put together this January Blues Party with white dishes and anything blue I could find, but really any theme would be just as fun!
{I think a Mexican dinner would be super dandy!}
I also added some sweet little yellow daffodils to play with the blues.
{Plus, they were $1.99 a bundle at the grocery store!} 
 I chose to use some grocery store desserts for this party..mini.cupcakes and mini powdered donuts.
And the lovely straws come from Greenmuch....my fav place for party supplies. 
And I made the sparkly tree globe with a mason jar, a sparkly white tree Christmas decoration, Epsom salts and some hot glue.
A pretty tablescape is always a nice treat.
 The menu was a homemade soup, salad & rolls. 
How about you?
Have you gotten together with girlfriends lately? 
 What are some of the things you do to chase away the January Blues?
I like nice hot baths, cozy socks and a TV series on DVD.
Lately I have been watching Vampire Diaries....which I blogger friend brought to my attention and lucky for me....3 seasons were already on my daughter's bookshelf!


If you liked this tablescape, you may like to check out my:

And these fun boards on Pinterest:



This post is linked to these great parties: Tip Junkie, Block Party,
The DIY Dreamer, Savvy Southern Style, Gingersnap Crafts, Lil Luna, Clean & Scentsible, Someday Crafts, StoneGable, Craftberry Bush, The Frugal Girls, Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons, Tidy Mom,  The 36th Avenue, Between Naps on the Porch, Tatertots and Jello, It's Overflowing, Craft-O-Maniac, Aalderberry Hill, Uncommon Designs, I Heart Naptime, Under The Table & Dreaming,Home Stories A to Z, Today's Creative Blog, A Stroll Thru Life, Cozy Little House, Chef-in-Training, Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons, Skip To My Lou, Inspire Me Please,

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from