Friday 8 February 2013

Valentine's Day Brunch

Valentine's Day Brunch was a tradition that my late Aunt Janet liked to host every year for her girlfriends.
And although she passed away at the young age of 48 over 10 years ago, I think of her and honour her with a Valentine's brunch of my own.
The menu is simple...waffles with strawberries & whipped cream and bacon with a few little treats.
I make it for my own little family each year because it's nice to have a something special to look forward to in the middle of winter.
This year, I used shades of pink & red to make the table shine.


Fresh flowers and plants are so cheerful to have in winter!
Little mini-cupcakes & Hershey's kisses from the store are great no-fuss treats to share.
And the heart napkin holders I made for Valentine's Day last year work perfectly with the dishes I picked up at my local grocery store a few years ago.
I shared a how-to & free printable for making these darling little straw flags earlier in the week.. you can find the tutorial and printable here.
When brunch is done for this year, I plan to give these sweet-smelling plants to a few of my girlfriends just because.
 I love making my family feel special for Valentine's Day.
 How about you?
What are your plans for Valentine's Day?
Are there any special traditions that you honour in memory of a loved one?
 
 If you liked this, here are some of my other Valentine's projects:
 
And I invite you to take a peek at some of my Pinterest Boards:
Organized Homes

Thank you so much for visiting and have a lovely weekend!
xo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from