Friday 26 April 2013

Make A Pretty Decoupage Vase {Gift Idea}

If you are searching for a craft project to make for Mother's Day, a teacher's gift, or just because...then I have the sweetest little budget-friendly project for you. Using a recycled can, a sheet of scrapbook paper and some paint, a pretty decoupage vase can be created to make a beautiful, handmade vessel to hold flowers.

This is a wonderful craft activity for children and teens, and each crafter will love that each vase can be personalized in the colours & patterns of his/her choice. These lovely rustic-looking vases would also work well for almost any type of party too. To make this project, here is what you will need:

Supplies:
Recycled can, washed & clean
craft paint
paint brush
scrapbook paper with flowers
Mod Podge & brush
scissors

Directions:
1. Paint the outside of the can using craft paint in colour of your choice. Let dry. Paint a second coat if desired. {I did 2 coats.}
 2. While paint is drying, cut out flowers from scrapbook paper.
3. Once paint on can is dry, cover can with a layer of Mod Podge and add flower cut outs to the outside of the can as desired.
4. Add another thin layer of Mod Podge to the entire can to seal flowers to can. Watch carefully for any little bubbles or wrinkles in the paper flowers and smooth out as necessary.

Once dry, a pretty doupage vase will emerge! To my vase, I added some floral foam, and  an arrangement of flowers including one of my favourite flowers...the gerbera daisy...in pink.
I really love how pretty & fabulous this homemade gift idea turned out!  I think I might make a few more for my patio table outside just for fun.

For other Mother's Day or Teacher Appreciation Gifts, here are more amazing ideas:

And visit these boards on Pinterest:
Fabulous Things In A Jar

Wishing you a lovely weekend!




This post is linked to these parties:
Tatertots and Jello, Whipperberry, Funky Junk Interiors, It's Overflowing, Cooking With Ruthie I Heart Naptime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, Craft-O-Maniac, Uncommon Designs, Aalderberry Hill, Under The Table & Dreaming, Skip To My Lou, A Lived In Home, Today's Creative Blog, Inside Brew Crew Life, Home Stories A to Z, Lil Luna, Gingersnap Crafts, Clean & Scentsible, Savvy Southern Style, The DIY Dreamer, SNAP, I Gotta Create, The 36th Avenue, StoneGable, Tidy Mom,  Design, Dining & Diapers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from