Tuesday 16 April 2013

Packing Lunches for Tweens & Teens

Here at Echoes of Laughter, I have written several posts on packing lunches and healthy snacks and drinks for kids. However, now that both my kids have finished their elementary school years, I find that the requirements for packing food for them has changed somewhat. And in case you don't have older kids in your house yet, here's the scoop: older kids want easy, non-messy, no spoon-required juices and snacks. 
Tweens and teens want things to eat that fit with their busy, on-the-go lifestyle. My son, in particular, does not want any messy fruit in his lunch. And he is not a fan of vegetables on most days. Enter SunRype Smoothies.

SunRype Smoothies are perfect for my kids. They are easily packable, non-messy, and require no spoon, but yet each 250 ml serving delivers two full servings of fruit, is packed with fibre and has no added sugar, no artificial flavors or colors. I can easily pack  SunRype Smoothies in my growing boy's lunch everyday and know that he is getting the benefits of two full servings of fruits, 4 grams of fibre, vitamins A and C, and minerals like potassium.

And as a mom, another reason that I love  SunRype is that they are great for busy mornings. Teens & tweens love their sleep, and sometimes they roll out of bed without leaving much time for eating breakfast before school. It's easy to just simply put out a few SunRype Smoothies for them and I can rest easy knowing that they have at least a healthy and nutrient dense drink to keep hunger at bay until lunch time. We all know that research shows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I feel better knowing my kids have at least a healthy drink in their tummies to help them boost their energy in the morning.

If you would like to learn more about SunRype Smoothies, see more fun recipe ideas, health resources, and updates on family events, please visit the SunRype Facebook page  where you can join in the conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from