Wednesday 15 May 2013

Chocolate Cake Hug In A Mug +Free Printable Tag {Gift Idea}

I think that this is one of the cutest gift ideas ever....Chocolate Cake Hug In A Mug. It's a homemade single serving cake recipe that is cooked in a mug in the microwave.  It's super easy to make and  results in a tasty, fudgey chocolate cake. And to take it one step further, I created an adorable tag that can be printed and attached to each gift. This is perfect for any little thank you gift, teacher's gift or a party favor. {It just so happens that I found the adorable cake mug at Dollarama for $2}

The recipe testing for this one sure gave me a run for my money let me tell ya! I made more than 10 mug cakes before I settled on this one. Some were too oily, others were too eggy, too sweet or too dry. But I finally settled on a recipe that I think is a winner. It's the perfect mixture of a fudgey cake that is moist and not overly sweet.  Then I called my mom, who lives 3000 miles away, and I got her to test the recipe as well, and she agreed it was good! Then we took it a step further and replaced the sugar with Splenda so that it was diabetic friendly for my Dad. And he agreed that it was good with a vote of an empty mug. He said that it didn't need chocolate chips, ice cream or chocolate sauce...that it was great all by itself!


Chocolate Cake Hug In A Mug Recipe
{makes 1 single serving of fudgey cake in a mug}


Ingredients
4 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons sugar {or 2 tablespoons Splenda}
1 heaping teaspoon cocoa powder
1 tablespoon oil
3 tablespoons milk
dash of vanilla {optional}

Directions:
1.In a mug,.measure flour, sugar and cocoa powder.Mix until combined.
2. Add oil and milk to flour mixture and stir until smooth.
3. Place mug in a microwave and cook on high for 1 minute. {My microwave is 800 watts. If you have a higher wattage microwave, I would suggest reducing the time to 50 seconds on high.} The cake will still look wet on top, but it will be cooked.
4. Let cool for 1 minute and enjoy!
To make this recipe into a gift, measure all of the dry ingredients {flour, sugar & cocoa powder} into a small bag., and place the bag in a mug. And because I love pretty packages so much, I created a gift tag to go with the gift that includes the instructions for adding the oil & milk and making the cake!

The beauty of this recipe is, of course, that it is a fun treat for one that can be made in just 2 minutes!
It's great for when you feel like treating yourself, but don't want to go through the trouble of making a whole cake.
And it's great for people who live by themselves, seniors or college kids.

I hope you enjoy this Chocolate Cake Hug In A Mug.
Consider Yourself Hugged!

If you would like to see some other gift ideas with free printable tags, you see some other ideas here, here and here.

And don't forget to take a peek on my Pinterest Boards:


This post is linked to these parties:
The 36th Avenue, StoneGable, Jennifer Rizzo, The Frugal Girls, Design, Dining & Diapers, Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons, Becoming Martha, Tatertots and Jello, Whipperberry, It's Overflowing, I Heart Naptime,  Craft-O-Maniac, Uncommon, Aalderberry Hill, Under The Table & Dreaming, Skip To My Lou, Lil' Luna,  Gingersnap Crafts, I Gotta Create, StoneGable, Somewhat Simple, Cooking With Ruthie, It's Overflowing, Skip To My Lou, Cozy Little House, Chef-In-Training, Time To Sparkle, Home Stories A to Z, StoneGable,

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from