Tuesday 21 May 2013

Easy Homeade Peanut Brittle For Father's Day {Gift Idea}

Before I share this post about how to make easy peanut brittle in the microwave,  I have to say that while I was working in the kitchen today, I was also watching the news about Oklahoma and my heart just breaks for all those people. I am feeling very grateful tonight for my family, a roof over my head, food and a warm bed to sleep in.
This recipe comes from my Aunt Nannette, who is my mother's youngest sister, and an amazing cook like all of my mother's siblings. She shared this recipe with us about 10 years ago and I often make it for Christmas and my husband loves it. So I thought I would make some for him for Father's Day and share with y'all just how easy it is to make. Plus....as a bonus it is GLUTEN FREE!

This recipe is surprisingly simple and only takes 4 ingredients, and a few minutes in the microwave.

Easy Homemade Peanut Brittle
{Please note: My microwave is 800 watts. You may have to adjust the cooking slightly based on your microwave's wattage.}

Ingredients
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup white corn syrup
1-1/2 cup peanuts
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda

Directions:
1.Grease a cookie sheet.  In a glass bowl, mix together white sugar, corn syrup and peanuts.
2. Place in microwave for 3 minutes on high. Then take it out and give it a quick stir. It will look like this:
3. Place back  in microwave for another 3-4 minutes. Remove very carefully as the sugar mixture will be extremely hot.
4. Add baking soda into peanut/sugar mixture and stir. The mixture will foam up and look like this.
5. Working quickly and being careful not to burn yourself, pour mixture onto greased cookie sheet and spread. {If you are having trouble spreading the mixture, my Aunt Nannette recommends using a wet spoon to help with the stickiness.}
6.Let peanut brittle cool  and harden for several hours and then break into pieces. {I would not recommend eating this until it is fully cooled...unless you would like to lose an old filling!}This recipe makes enough for  a gift bag as shown.
And because I love making tags for packages and sharing with my readers, here is a tag to use for the peanut brittle for a Father's Day gift.
This would make a great gift along with some tickets to a baseball or football game of Dad's favourite team.

Who knew that homemade peanut brittle was so easy?!

You can see a few more of my father's day gift ideas here and here and have a peek at my Father's Day Board on Pinterest .



This post is linked to these parties:
The 36th Avenue, I Gotta Create, StoneGable, Somewhat Simple, Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons,The Frugal Girls, Design, Dining & Diapers, Becoming Martha, Whipperberry, Tatertots and Jello, Cookie With Ruthie, It's Overflowing, I Heart Naptime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, Uncommon Designs,  Aalderberry Hill, Craft-O-Maniac, Skip To My Lou, Sugarbee Crafts, Chef-In-Training, Time To Sparkle, Home Stories A to Z, The DIY Dreamer, Gingersnap Crafts, Clean & Scentsible, Lil Luna, The 36th Avenue, Under The Table & Dreaming, 30 Handmade Days,  A Pretty Little Life In the Suburbs, Not Just A Housewife,

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from