Sunday 5 May 2013

Front Porch Makeover

As I write this, we are just winding down from an absolutely gorgeous weekend. I am so happy because I was able put a plan for a front porch makeover into action.  Behold the newly freshened front porch makeover that is bright and cheerful and full of fun in the colours of pink lemonade.

On a very small budget, I was able to transform this porch from dreary and boring to fresh, fun and full of personality. On May 2nd, I was invited by Walmart Canada, along with many other bloggers from across the country, to take part in a Walmart Frugal Heroes Challenge. I chose to 're-decorate an outdoor space' for a budget of $100. So on the morning May 2nd, I set off to Walmart, with list in hand, to see if I could come home with: a rug, a throw, pillows and plants. I was delighted that I was able to get everything on my list....and with the help of a few DIY projects...my front porch was turned from boring into a stylin' enclave loaded with curb appeal.
My first DIY project was to whip up some pillows using pillow forms from the craft aisles at Walmart and a fashion forward vinyl tablecloth in a bright yellow trellis pattern. With my new sewing machine, I crafted 2 fun pillows for just $12.94.
The second DIY project I tackled was taking a plain black rug from dull to happy with some painted stripes with a can of sun yellow paint and green tape. I love it's new bold personality!
The last little DIY project I had in store was painting a plain plant pot in sun yellow so it could sing with the rest of the colour scheme. And then I nestled this beautiful gerbera daisy plant inside.
Here's the final look. I am in love with our new 'pink lemonade' inspired front porch.
It's the perfect shady spot for sittin' & relaxin', reading a book, & sippin' a cool drink while having a snack.
And the DIY bucket planters from last summer are newly adorned with these gorgeous begonias in hot pink for the final part of the makeover. Walmart has the most gorgeous flowers at incredible prices. Last summer, I bought some flowers for my bucket planters and they were beautiful and lasted the whole season.
And here's a little peek at the budget so you can see how I spent $100:

  • 3 Begonias in hot pink @5.97 each=$17.91
  • 1 Gerbera daisy in pink $6.47
  • 6 inch pot $1.96
  • Flowered toss cushion $12.47
  • Bright yellow trellis tablecloth $2.00
  • Krylon sun yellow spray paint $4.97
  • 2 Pillow forms @$5.47=$10.94
  • Pink fleece throw $5.98
  • Black Rug $24.98
  • Green painters tape $5.74
Total spent for the Front Porch Makeover: $98.47
I just love this makeover project where I took this porch from 'Eeyore'  to 'Pooh'.
Now you must excuse me while I go sit and enjoy a cold drink after a morning of painting & sewing.

To see some more of my other DIY projects:

And visit these boards on Pinterest:

{Disclosure: A special thank you to Walmart Canada for making this makeover possible with a $100 gift card. I was honoured to be chosen to take part in #WalmartFrugalHeroes challenge.}


This post is linked to these parties:
Uncommon Designs, Craft-O-Maniac, Aalderberry Hill, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, Under The Table & Dreaming,  Skip To My Lou,The DIY Dreamer, Clean & Scentsible, Lil Luna, Gingersnap Crafts, Savvy Southern Style, Cozy Little House, I Gotta Create, StoneGable,The 36th Avenue, Somewhat Simple, Becoming Martha, Design, Dining & Diapers, Whipperberry, Remodelaholic, Tatertots and Jello,  My Romantic Home, I Heart Naptime, Uncommon Designs, Aalderberry Hill, Made By You Monday, Home Stories A to Z, Sugar Bee Crafts, Not Just A Housewife, Rae Gun Ramblings, Jennifer Rizzo, It's Overflowing, Hodge Podge, Cozy Little House, Fun In the Sun,

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from