Monday 8 July 2013

A Beautiful Hostess Station

Hello amazing people!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend! I want to share with you a project that I worked on this weekend...a hostess station. And this little project involved my most favourite kind of fun...taking an ugly flea market find and turning it into something both useful AND pretty.


Here is what I started with...a ratty, pretty unremarkable old metal stand that has been kicking around our house forever. I know we have had it since at least 1994 when we bought our first house and I vaguely remember giving it a quick coat of white paint way back then. And it has been used in a few rooms in our house, but it has spent the last 8 years in our basement storage area. Until I wanted  to make a hostess station on the back deck and then this caught my eye...dusty and forgotten but perfect for a new job!
Hello yellow spray paint! How I adore you.
Can you believe the difference?
A quick 2 coats of yellow paint and what a beauty.
I now have a beautiful hostess station for our back deck that cost only the price of a can of $6.97 paint. 
It is the perfect surface for drinks, snacks, dishes, cutlery and even some pretty flowers.
 On the second shelf is a collection of cutlery, my collection of mismatched melamine plates and mismatched cloth napkins. I love mismatched collections.
And the best part? You can add in a new piece and it fits in perfectly with all the other mismatched items.
 I took a recycled jar and added this fun chalkboard label to house my collection of colourful chevron straws.
 A water picture and my beautiful NEW blue mason jars complete the drink tray.
 I love my new hostess station...it is pretty and functional and it cost less than $8 to create.
How about you? 
Have you freshened up an old something-or-other recently with a can of spray paint?
What colour did you use?
Do tell...inquiring minds want to know.

To see some of my other projects for summer...check out these DIY Spray Painted Bucket Planters, Front Porch Makeover and this Deck Makeover.

And for more inspiration, please visit these boards on Pinterest:

{And a special thank you to the folks at Greenmunch for providing me with the beautiful chevron straws, chalkboard labels and blue mason jars to help make my hostess station so pretty!  Please visit their website for the latest in trendy party goods and eco-friendly products.}


This post is linked to:
The DIY Show OffMetaphorsis MondayA Bowl Full of Lemons, Sugar Bee Crafts, Chef In Training, Homestories A to Z, Time To Sparkle, Cozy Little House, Lil Luna,Gingersnap Crafts,Savvy Southern Style, Inspiration Exchange,The DIY Dreamer,  Not Just A Housewife, The 36th Avenue, I Gotta Create, StoneGable, Tatertots and Jello, Funky Junk Interiors,Six Sisters Stuff, A Pretty Life, It's Overflowing, I Heart Naptime, Under The Table & Dreaming, Craft-O-Maniac, Aalderberry Hill,  Uncommon Designs, I Heart Organizing, The Frugal Girls, The Inspiration Gallery, Whpperberry, Made By You Monday, Shabby Creek Cottage,

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from