Tuesday 21 January 2014

Valentine's Mug Cake Gift Idea

 It's no secret how I love pretty things! Especially pretty packaging for gifts! With Valentine's Day not far away, I was looking to create a small gift that would be great to give to friends, teachers or neighbours, while also being easy to put-together and budget-friendly. When I saw these sweater-wrapped mugs at the dollar store, I knew that they would work for cute mug cake gifts!

Whenever I see pretty felt embellishments in a package for a dollar or two, I always pick them up because with a little imagination, they can always be used to pretty something up!
I am crazy over felt embellishments and I love these colours together.
Here are all the supplies that I used to create this gift. The Dr. Oetker Mug Cake mixes were a ridiculous 99 cents each with 2 packages inside! {And we have made the mug cakes a few times and they are really good!} Lots of felt hearts work for so many things!
Then I just layered a white heart paper doily and some felt hearts and tied it all up with baker's twine.
Inside is a mug cake along with a handful of Hersheys kisses.
Such a sweet and simple gift, don't you  think?
Perfect for a teacher or even your own kids...big or small.
Now I am super hungry for a little mug cake...all of this talk about sweets and chocolate will do that to a girl!

Looking for more Valentine's ideas? Check out my Pinterest board here:



This post is linked to:
Gingersnap Crafts, The DIY Dreamer, Inspire Me Please, Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons, Inspiration Gallery, Tatertots and Jello, Link Party Palooza, Block Party, Craft-O-Maniac, Monday Funday,  The Sunday Showcase, Sunday Best Showcase, Home Stories A to ZKitchen Fun & Craft Party,  Inspire Me PleaseThe Party BunchTip Me Tuesday,  Time To SparkleTuesday Talent ShowIt's OverflowingThe ScoopOne Project At A TimeTuesday Talent Show,

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from