Sunday 30 March 2014

Veggie & Cheese Flatbread Wedges with Creamy Coconut & Pineapple Sauce #PataksMom

Follow on Bloglovin
With a a busy family, I often find it so helpful to have a few large size flatbreads in the freezer that can be quickly and easily turned into either appetizers, lunch or dinner. And with the help of different toppings and ingredients, a multitude of different flavours can be created. Recently when making a flatbread to serve as an appetizer, I decided it would be fun to mix in a little India and with the help of one of Patak's cooking sauces, I was able to create a flatbread with the wonderful layers of flavours of India, vegetables and cheese. And best of all....not only was it so tasty, but it only took 20 minutes from start to serving time.
We love flatbreads and pizza,but  we often like to skip the all too familiar tomato sauce and try something else as a sauce or base. This Patak's Creamy Coconut and Pineapple Cooking Sauce was the perfect trade up to a zippy flavor that we love with our food. Tasty and fragrant....it really added something wonderful  to these flatbread appetizer wedges.

Let's get to this easy appetizer recipe, shall we?
This recipe is really flexible because you can use whatever veggies and cheese you already have in your kitchen and that your family likes. And by using different veggies and cheese, you can create new flavours each time!
Veggie & Cheese Flatbread Wedges with Creamy Coconut & Pineapple Sauce

1 Flatbread
1/2 cup Creamy Coconut & Pineapple Sauce
1/2 Sour Cream
Chopped veggies {I used tomatoes, green onion, zucchini and red pepper}
Cheese of choice. I used both feta and mozzarella
Cilantro or Parsley, chopped

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place flatbread on cookie sheet. Mix together sour cream and Creamy Coconut & Pineapple Sauce. Using spoon, spread coconut mixture over flatbread.
 2. Sprinkle flatbread with chopped veggies and cheese. Finish with sprinkling of chopped cilantro or parsley.
 3. Place flatbread in oven for 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and cut into wedges.
This would make not only a wonderful appetizer, but a great lunch or dinner if served in larger slices too.

Part of my journey with Indian cooking has been learning more about the culture of India. Back in November, I visited an Indian restaurant for the first time and enjoyed an amazing meal full of new-to-me flavours. In January, my family enjoyed an Indian movie night where we watched Slumdog Millionaire and enjoyed these Crispy Curry Potato Skins with Mango Chutney.
And this month, I decided I would share with you my new knowledge of the practice of meditation, which has roots and origins in India. I started the practice of meditation to combat the stress of too many commitments that leave me feeling overwhelmed and jittery at times.
After searching for things that would help me to de-stress, I read a great book on Transcendental Meditation. This book teaches you how to meditate at home, which can help combat things like stress, anxiety, insomnia, high blood pressure and depression...to name a few benefits.
Transcendental Meditation uses the mind and voice or mantra to focus on a goal or feeling for a period of 15-20 minutes, twice a day, and with eyes closed, so that the mind can be cleared and a state of calm can be reached. An important component of mediation is slowing the breath.I find breathing so important because often I catch myself breathing too fast, which contributes to my feelings of stress. When a conscious effort is made to slow down breathing, it is possible to tap into the nervous system to reduce feelings of stress and anxiety.
The thing I have discovered about meditation is that not only does it work, but it can be done conveniently at home and does not require a big time commitment. Sometimes I find my schedule does not allow for a complete workout at the gym or a long walk.I find that meditation can fit in almost anytime. I just sit quietly by myself for 15-20 minutes and I can come away feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the rest of the day in a great mood!
Have you ever tried meditation? I highly recommend it!

Disclosure: I am part of the Patak's Ambassador Program with Mom Central Canada and receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.



Follow on Bloglovin
Tidy Mom, Tip Me TuesdayGingersnap CraftsBlock Party, The Sunday Showcase, Monday FundayShow Me What You GotOne Project At A TimeThe DIY Dreamer,  The Party Bunch,  Super Saturday, Our Sunday Best, That DIY Party, Monday FundayThe Block Party,  The Scoop,

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from