Tuesday 29 April 2014

Spring Salad with Avocado Olive Oil Dressing

Follow on Bloglovin
It's that time of year where menu planning moves from warm soups and hot chilis to cool, crisp salads and grilling dishes! There is nothing I like better than a crispy salad with bright vegetables and a delicious homemade dressing. This salad is amazing on it's own for lunch or dinner, or feel free to add  some grilled shrimp, chicken or beef to it if you would like to add more protein. You know how with each season, you might find yourself making  a favorite recipe over and over again? Well...this is our right now! This salad is so good that I have declared it the 'Salad of Spring 2014'. We have been making it a least once a week for a month now.
I love fresh vegetables. I mean I really love them and I buy fresh veggies for our family a few times a week. I consider veggies to be nature's medicine...so full of lots of good things. And since half of my family are not fond of cooked veggies, I create a salad to go with dinner almost every night. It's my thing.
And this salad is very adaptable...you could add almost any sliced vegetable.....but here is the version that we prefer....fresh & crisp.

Spring Salad with Avocado Olive Oil Dressing

Ingredients
1 head of butter lettuce, washed and torn
1/2 English cucumber, sliced
1 zucchini squash, sliced
5 radishes sliced
1-2 ripe avocados, peeled & sliced

To Make:
1.In large bowl or platter, add butter lettuce.
2. Add other vegetables to butter lettuce.

For Dressing:
1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
1 shallot, ,or 1/4 cup minced onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup fresh parsley
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
salt & pepper to taste

To Make:
1. Add all ingredients to blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into a tall jar or mason jar. Refrigerate.

To serve this yummy salad, plate on small serving plates or bowls and invite each person to add dressing as desired. I almost never mix a salad with dressing. I always serve the dressing on the side so people can add as much or as little as they like.
Looking for more fresh salads?
Visit the Life Made Delicious for more delicious salads for Spring....along with so many other fantastic recipes for every meal and snack!
Life Made Delicious is the place to get easy recipes and quick dinner ideas you can make life more delicious! 
Check these fabulous recipes:
Grilled Apple Salad with Vanilla Yogurt
Greek Potato Salad
 GO HERE for MANY more ideas!

Disclosure: I am a part of the Life Made Delicious Blogger Program and I receive special perks as a part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.

Follow on Bloglovin
This post is linked to:
Inspire Me Please, Inspiration GalleryThe Creative CollectionTatertots and Jello, Link Party Palooza, Block PartyMonday Funday, Our Sunday Best Showcase, The ScoopTips & Tutorials Tuesday Weekend Re-Treat Link Party,  Tatertots and Jello, Link Party Palooza

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from