Tuesday 29 July 2014

Easy Summer Berry & Mango Dessert

Follow on Bloglovin
Hello sweet friends! How are you? I can hardly believe that the calendar will be flipping to August later this week. We are being hit with some super warm weather this week...you know the kind of heat where you just do not want to turn on the oven?! So it's times like these that I look to no bake desserts that feature fresh seasonal fruit or berries. This week, I created this dessert which only took 10 minutes to put together, and with a little help Patak's sauces...Sweet Mango Chutney, I mixed in a little India to give this dish some amazing flavor that was refreshing & delicious.
One of my go-to things for desserts when I am looking for something that is easy is pound cake. It is a wonderful base for so many things like berries, fruit, whipped cream or ice cream.
I kept this dessert super simple by using cake, berries, Patak's Sweet Mango Chutney and whipped cream. The Sweet Mango Chutney really adds a wonderful sweet zip that is so tasty with the berries!
And as a busy mom, when the weather is hot, I am so happy to have some dessert tricks that help me avoid turning on oven.

Summer Berry & Mango Dessert

Ingredients:
- a slice of pound cake for each serving
-assorted berries such as blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries
-Patak's Sweet Mango Chutney
-whipped cream
-chopped fresh mint {optional}
-icing sugar {optional}

To make:
1. To each slice of pound cake, add assorted berries and drizzle with Patak's Sweet Mango Chutney.
2. Garish with whipped cream, chopped mint and a light dusting of icing sugar.
This would be perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream as well. 
Have you had a chance to visit the Patak's site? It is full of amazing recipes that are perfect for grilling season, along with a ton of drink ideas, side dishes and desserts too.
Visit the Patak's on Pinterest to see all of the wonderful recipes. You will find lots of inspiration!

Disclosure: I am part of Patak's Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.


 
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from